top of page
< Back

University of South Carolina-Union

STEWARDSHIP AWARD

Since its founding in 1965 University of SC-Union has used historic preservation to not only in the establishment and growth of its campus, but as an important statement about its presence and contribution to its community. The first building acquired by USC-Union and its only building when it opened with 51 students was the former Union High School built in 1909. The jury noted that two other historic schools have since been rehabilitated in Union and its branch campus in Laurens, adding to a score of other historic buildings used by the college as it continues to grow its campus of 1100 students.

Campus Historic Structures
bottom of page