top of page
< Back

Campbell’s Covered Bridge

PRESERVATION HONOR AWARD

Located in the “Dark Corner” of Greenville County, Campbell’s Covered Bridge was built in 1909 and is now the last covered bridge remaining in the state of South Carolina. The bridge, its approaches, and abutments, had all suffered significant deterioration and erosion since its last rehabilitation almost 35 years ago. From site work to address erosion and water flow, to sensitive repair of the wooden structural components and new fire rated wooden shingle roof to match the original, the jury recognized the thoughtful design and execution of a truly one-of-kind historic resource in the state.

Greenville County Parks Recreation and Tourism
Kyle Campbell, Preservation South
Jeff Cliff, 1st Class Construction
bottom of page